Nitro Pro 11 vs Nitro Pro 12 Whats New
Nitro Pro is a software tool for creating and editing PDF files and it is the primary competitor to Adobe Acrobat Pro. It is able to handle MS Office files and has extremely accurate OCR capabilities. Its last major update was Nitro Pro 10 back in 2014, then Nitro Pro 11 in July of 2014. Nitro PDF, the makers of Nitro Pro are making continuous significant improvements to their flagship PDF software. The latest version is Nitro Pro 12, so let us compare that with Nitro Pro 11 so you can decide whether it is worth the upgrade.
These last two upgrades have been somewhat similar to the recent iPhone upgrades. The product is certainly improving greatly, but there are no huge monumental changes. However, the improvements between Nitro 11 and 12 have been broad and significant. The most striking improvements have been in the area of digital signatures. If you rely on PDF agreements and contracts, or if you want to streamline your own PDF workflow, then these upgrades will be significant to you. Nitro Software also updated its terminology and adding more to their offerings with the release of Nitro Pro 12 and came out with the Nitro Productivity Suite, which includes Nitro Pro 12, Nitro Cloud, Nitro Admin, Nitro Analytics and Nitro Customer Success Program. For this sake of this Nitro Pro 12 vs Nitro Pro 11 comparison, we will not be getting into the other components of the Nitro Productivity Suite and will save that for another day.
Digitally signing documents is not new to Nitro Pro 12 however, Nitro PDF has made some major enhancements that stand out. Exchanging documents physically is becoming less common, especially as business becomes more global. You may only deal with companies inside your city and yet It is still more convenient to use digital agreements. One major key issue with these types of documents is security. And this is where Nitro have made big improvements since Nitro Pro 11.
The new features that have been upgraded in Nitro Pro 12:
- It is more simple for your team to sign documents securely
- It takes fewer steps to lock the contents of that document
- It is easier to verify the origin of signed documents.
Chain of Trust
Both Nitro Pro 11 and Nitro Pro 12 allow you to use digital signatures. But, a significant improvement has been made with the Chain of Trust feature found in Nitro Pro 12. This allows you to verify the trustworthiness of a digital signature. Certain industries, such as finance, are highly regulated. In these industries, it is important to ensure that no edits are made to the document after signing. But, sometimes you need more flexibility.
Chain of Trust Features:
- Automatically identifies contacts you trust so that signatures are validated quicker.
- No need to manually verify and approve each signed document.
- Advanced algorithms to manage permission structure.
- Flexible document locking. This allows you to set specific locks on different fields. Especially useful in case multiple signers are required.
Nitro Pro 12 has made dramatic progress on their Certify feature. This is the module that allows your team to prove a document’s authenticity. It also allows the document owner to set up separate permissions for different users. This is slightly different from the Chain of Trust feature. That is only focused on specific form fields. You can manipulate a wide range of permissions with this upgraded feature:
- copying content,
- filling form fields,
- page extraction,
Nitro Pro 12 Signature Request Workflow
Before a document is ready to be signed, it must be prepared. If you work with a lot of contracts you know this can be a laborious process. There are many variables to consider:
- The signing order for the document, especially if witnesses are required.
- Setting up the appropriate form fields.
- Configuring the document for multiple signatures.
- Avoiding the headache of having to start all over again if someone messes up.
Nitro PDF has appeared to have completely overhaul Nitro Pro 11’s eSignature workflow. Nitro Pro 12 comes with a streamlined procedure that cuts out superfluous steps. This new version makes it much quicker and easier to request signatures.
These are the key accomplishments of the upgraded e-signature process:
- Fewer people dropping out of the signing process
- Easy error recovery
- Fewer steps in the workflow which saves time
- More confidence and a shared understanding across teams
- Improved satisfaction from both employees and clients
Nitro Pro 11 Signature Request Workflow
Sometimes it is hard to appreciate what has improved in terms of workflow. To help, let’s have a proper look at how clunky things were with Nitro Pro 11.
Before the update, you would need to go through many more steps before a document was ready for signing. The process lacked flexibility. Right up front, you had to know who you wanted signing the final document. Just you, you and others, or only others?
This workflow did not allow you to alter this decision later in the process. If you decided you wanted to expand or restrict signatories, you would have to start from scratch.
First, you had to decide on the categories of future signatories. You then had to specify exactly who the final signers would be. And you also needed to include their names and email addresses.
This caused several problems:
- Let’s say you just entered the email addresses and names. If you had selected ‘Me and Others’, you would have to drag those signatures into the document one by one.
- If you made a mistake, there was no time effective way to recover from the error. Imagine you noticed something like a typo or an incorrect email address. You would have to scrap the whole document and start again.
- This caused a lot of uncertainty. Users were not sure what to expect when making these documents. The software did not always behave in an intuitive manner. A lot of productivity was lost through hesitation and triple checking. This is because users were not confident they were doing things properly. And they knew that if they made a mistake along the way it meant starting from scratch.
- All this combined to make teams uneasy. Some people were complaining about having to use Nitro Pro 11 to create documents that would require a signature. What if they forgot to add someone? There did not seem to be confidence in this feature.
Nitro Pro 12 Document Signing Improvement Recap
As you can see, the document signing process in Nitro Pro 11 was a little messy. To their credit, Nitro spent a lot of resources testing different ways to handle this problem. Here’s the solution they put together:
- They removed the “Just Me, Me and Others and Just Others” options. People were hesitating when given this choice. And the other changes to the workflow made it necessary to require this step.
- You can now choose, modify, and add extra signatories at any point in the creation process. All without taking a backward step.
- Users are able to look at each signatory and their associated fields in one panel. This gives them an easy overview of the important players for a given document.
- They also added color coding to the panel. This allows you to quickly look at a document and figure out which fields belong to whom.
- When you first use the feature, you are presented with a few tooltips that show you how the process works. Nitro Pro 12 strikes a delicate balance. They give you enough information to move forward. But, not so much that you are constantly distracted by popping boxes. This solved the lack of confidence a lot of users were feeling when making use of this feature.
Nitro PDF made a major improvement in the digital signing workflow and process when they moved from Nitro Pro 11 to Nitro Pro 12. These new updates and changes should have a large positive effect on productivity. If you are creating PDFs that need a digital signature then this should be an important upgrade to you.
- Nitro Pro 12 has fewer steps in the workflow
- Nitro Pro 12 is easier to learn so users can feel more confident using it
- The software maintains a high level of security. Certificates that are attached to digital signatures cannot be shared or copied. This makes them more secure than handwritten signatures.
- The Chain of Trust has been introduced. This feature means that you no longer have to approve signed documents manually. This saves time and increases productivity.
Do you Need to Upgrade too Nitro Pro 12 – Click Here
Are you searching for a Nitro Productivity Suite Upgrade – Click Here